don’t have time for cover art and little write ups, so you will have to deal with the list dump style of this post (cover art and sometimes scans of liner notes should be in most archives). Includes 2 versions of the much sought after and rare Dogon vinyl, with substantial differences in tracklisting, which among the first wave of awesome recordings was never reissued on CD.
For the uninitiated, OCORA was one of, if not the, most well researched and presented labels which dealt with indigenous sounds from all over the earth, and i made the promise, which i still do intend on keeping, of making the entire past catalog of 500+ recordings available on this blog. there has been quite a few South Asian and African posts already, just look for it. To be continued.
For more Ocora awesomeness, head over to Aaseance.
- [ocora] Africa Burkina Faso – Pays Lobi Xylophone de Funerailles
- [ocora] Africa Burkina Faso Pays Lobi
- [ocora] Africa Congo – Cérémonie du Bobé
- [ocora] Africa Congo Polyphonies Mongo OCR 53
- [ocora] Africa Côte d’Ivoire_ Musique Gouro OCR 48
- [ocora] Africa Ethiopie – Musiques Vocales Et Instrumentales
- [ocora] Africa Guinée – Récits et Épopées (ocora)
- [ocora] Africa Les Dogon
- [ocora] Africa Madagascar – Pays Bara
- [ocora] Africa Madagascar Valiha_OCR 18
- [ocora] Africa Mali – La Nuit des Griots
- [ocora] Africa Mali Les Dogon OCR 33
- [ocora] Africa Niger – Chasseurs du Dallol Mawri
- [ocora] Africa togo – orchestres et lithophones kabiye 2005
- [ocora] Africa Uganda Musique des Baganda